Position Title: Enrollment Counselor
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Position Summary: The Enrollment Counselor will recruit quality students both academically and spiritually, by meeting recruitment objectives, visiting with students and influencers, and representing Trinity in a professional and positive manner.
* Meet enrollment goal for stated territory.
* Set up regular contacts with students through home, office, church, or school visits.
* Attend college fairs in assigned territories.
* Meet with youth pastors, guidance counselors, and influencers in assigned territories to provide up-to-date information on Trinity and obtain names of high school students who are interested in attending college.
* Represent Trinity at youth group meetings, youth conventions, and retreats.
* Promote and encourage campus visits to prospective students (personalized or Preview Day.)
* Assist with planning and implementation of Preview Day events.
* Contact applicants every week in an effort to move them through the admission funnel.
* Cold calls of inquiries/hot leads to generate interest in Trinity.
* Meet one-on-one with prospective families during campus visits.
* Work through the recruitment process with each student.
* Meet monthly application goals and year-end enrollment goals.
* Follow up on financial aid award letters with families.
* Attend all scheduled office meetings.
* Be professional in dress, language, etiquette, and conduct.
* Be flexible in work hours. More hours may be required at key times during the recruitment year to complete the job, for example, Fall travel season.
* Be a liaison with other offices on campus to assist students effectively.
* Represent Trinity International University in a positive manner.
* Bachelor's Degree required, preference given to TIU alumni.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills in person and on the phone.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to meet weekly, monthly, and yearly goals and deadlines.
* Ability to manage time and resources.
* Supports Trinity's mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with biblical models.
The Enrollment Counselor reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. One of the five work days will be from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Certain campus events require participation on evenings and weekends several times each year. Travel: limited, though professional development and representing the institution may well require travel 10-20 days per year.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.