Presence Mercy Medical Center Location Address:
1315 North Highland, Aurora, IL 60506 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Part-time Employment Type:
The Occupational Therapist I provides Occupational Therapy Services to patients/clients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical or behavioral function and health status resulting from injury, psychiatric or medical disease or other causes. Performs assessment and plans interventions. Develops treatment plans which include goals and interventions for each patient. Documents all interventions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates patients, establishes goals, and develops individualized treatment plans as prescribed by a licensed physician/practitioner.
- Provides direct patient treatment based on current occupational therapy practice and revises treatment plan based on the patient's response.
- Provides education to patient and family/caregiver regarding patient's abilities and need for assistance and continued therapeutic intervention.
- Recommends modification or changes in the patient's treatment program to the referring physician based on evaluation of progress. Confers as necessary with physicians concerning alternatives available.
- Prepares written/computer documentation as required by the profession, payors, and regulatory agencies and the department, such as evaluation results, treatment plans, progress reports, discharge paperwork and other such reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program required. Computer Skills Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Occupational Therapist with current Illinois License or License eligible required. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Mercy Medical CenterCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability Nearest Major Market:
Aurora Nearest Secondary Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Medical, Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, Law, Therapy, Healthcare, Legal
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot