- Presence Health
- $49,320.00 -62,760.00/year*
La Grange Park,
Healthcare - Nursing
Presence Bethlehem Rtmnt Location Address:
1571 West Ogden, LaGrange Park, IL 60526 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) - Senior Services practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience the nursing process and leadership skills. Coordinates family involvement in the treatment, continuing care of the patient, and ensures completion of patient care tasks by appropriate caregivers.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- Attends report, receives assignments, and provides nursing care as assigned; Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs, and problems with regard to assigned patients.
- Receives and transcribes orders. Initiates and keeps care plans up-to-date.
- Provides direct patient care including:assisting CNAs when needed, answering call lights, checking charts, administering medications; performing treatments, repositioning patients, giving range of motion exercises, etc.; taking vital signs; changing dressings; inserting and checking catheters, measuring output; reinserting gastric tubes; irrigating colostomies; giving enemas; administering insulin; setting up oxygen and checking oxygen delivery; and checking bed rails and restraints, and assisting with feeding.
- Draws blood; inserts nasogastric tubes (including radiopague and stylet); hangs IV solutions; attaches IV piggy back solutions after training and competency testing.
- Observes patients for color and condition of skin, response to medications, treatments, diet, symptoms of infection or communicable diseases, unusual symptoms, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, and discharges, bleeding, etc. Observes patients psycho-social interaction.
- Performs charting duties, including medications and intake, and reports anything significant or abnormal to supervisor. Maintains required records, reports, and statistics.
- Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information.
- Checks stock of supplies and equipment, and reports needs to immediate supervisor. Checks supplies and equipment for proper functioning, and reports defects or suspicions to appropriate person(s).
- Performs clerical duties, answers telephone, and writes charges. Maintains required records, reports and statistics.
- Other duties may be assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience in a long term care or acute hospital setting preferred.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current Illinois License and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Business Unit:
PLC Senior ServicesDepartment Name:
Assisted Living BWRCJob Function:
Nursing Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
LPN, Nursing, Clerical, Patient Care, Public Health, Healthcare, Administrative
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, lvn lpn, mtp, nurse i, vocational
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.