- The new cardiologist will join a well-established Adult Congenital Cardiology team consisting of a board certified ACHD cardiologist, APN, Nurse and Social Worker. The ACHD program is well supported by both the Adult Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiology programs.
- The comprehensive ACHD program cares for ACHD patients in clinic and Adult & Pediatric hospitals.
- There will be additional opportunity to read echocardiograms, teach, and perform research.
- Professional efforts will be bolstered by the support of two board certified pediatric and congenital cardiovascular surgeons.
- Clinical activities will also include in-patient rotations, clinic coverage, and night call.
- Scholarly and research interests are highly desirable, along with experience in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
- The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric or adult cardiology and board-certified or board-eligible in Adult Congenital Cardiology.
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Peoria, Illinois, has a greater metro area population of over 350,000, offers a remarkably low cost of living with the big city comforts and attractions.
- Quality public and private pre-school to University educational options, the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Bradley University and a junior college nearby, educational options are abundant.
- Peoria offers a vibrant downtown with a beautiful skyline, river front, cultural events and entertainment.
Children s Hospital of Illinois & Saint Francis Medical Center are the primary teaching facility for the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine. Children s Hospital is a 136-bed facility that offers over 50 pediatric programs and services, including one of the largest pediatric surgery programs in Illinois. Saint Francis Medical Center is the flagship hospital of OSF Healthcare. It provides comprehensive tertiary care for central Illinois. Children s Hospital of Illinois is the only full service tertiary hospital for children and adults with congenital heart disease in downstate Illinois
Associated topics: cardiologist, cardiology, cardiothoracic, chf, congestive, failure, heart, hhp, invasive, non interventional