SVP of Sales
Compensation: $61,930.00 - $112,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Senior Vice President of Sales is an experienced and results-driven leader responsible for strategically managing COMPANY’s business development function. The major focus of the role is on driving new, profitable opportunities and sustainable growth from leads/prospects and target accounts. The Senior Vice President of Sales is responsible for building and leading a team to consistently deliver (or exceed) sales targets which enable the business to provide high-quality projects on-time and within budget.
- Lead COMPANY’s strategic planning for Sales; develop and continually refine COMPANY’s corporate sales strategy across targeted geographies and industries; and implement meaningful strategic planning tools to include market share, competitor, opportunity analysis, and capture plans
- Direct business intelligence activities to include identifying opportunities and risks in current and future markets and COMPANY’s competitive landscape
- Apply knowledge of managed services, consulting and IT solutions, industries, and market trends to identify key prospects
- Develop and nurture long-term business relationships with key clients, client prospects, and business partners at the executive level to drive awareness of and preference for the COMPANY brand and capabilities
- Develop a consistent and measurable rigor, cadence, and accountability within the sales team, including providing the proper incentives to close business, driving daily/monthly sales activities (calls, emails, meetings), and implementing key metrics to track progress
- Expert in driving sales processes; ability to close opportunities for the company that become a platform for sustainable and profitable customer-business relationships
- Ensure a seamless transition from sales to post-sales activities, working in coordination with COMPANY’s delivery management to achieve strategic corporate goals
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Extensive and established book of business in public and private sector IT management consulting, systems integration, or managed services
- Proven ability to drive large complex sales pursuits to successful closure
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a business development role including 3+ years managing sales positions
- Experience selling solutions from an IT consulting firm or managed services company
- Must be able to prioritize in a very organized manner; analyze the business and develop and deliver a strategic plan for growth
- Experience with driving team utilization of an advanced CRM tool (e.g., Salesforce, SAP BusinessByDesign) to track sales data and leverage the data reporting for future results
- Ability to collaborate with marketing dept to develop a comprehensive sales process that consistently positions the firm and engages with future customers
- Ability to provide sales management to result in profitability and growth through increased revenue of existing and new customer base
- Demonstrated success in leading a team of sales professionals; including using a variety of approaches to help others develop to their fullest potential
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills
- Results-oriented self-starter approach with the ability to work independently – including building reports and presentation decks as necessary - as well as the ability to work collaboratively with the sales and delivery teams and customers
- Bachelor’s Degree required from a recognized college or university
Additional Requirements Desired
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- 10+ years of IT consulting experience or mid-sized professional services firm
- Demonstrated public-facing presentation and writing skills, for participation in webinars and contributing content to the company blog
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to support organizational development activities including recruiting and community building
Loading some great jobs for you...