AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie's U.S. Commercial Market Access (MA) organization works with payers (e.g., Medicare, VA, etc.), policy makers, treatment providers (e.g., health systems, integrated delivery networks, etc.), and trade partners (e.g., wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, group purchasing organizations, etc.) to ensure profitable and affordable patient access to all of AbbVie's products at the state, regional, and national levels. With these objectives in mind, the team partners with all internal functions - from Brand Commercial teams to Medical teams to Medical teams - in support of AbbVie's full portfolio. Despite the U.S. health care landscape being complex, challenging, unique, and always changing, AbbVie's U.S. Commercial MA organization is consistently recognized by external stakeholders for its partnership and excellence.
At AbbVie, we strive each day to \"make a remarkable impact on patients' lives.\" This is our guiding principle. And Specialty Pharmacies are a critically important part of ensuring the right care is delivered to patients. Therefore, AbbVie has a Specialty Pharmacy team to be a point person for Specialty Pharmacies to liaise with AbbVie, to execute Fee for Service (FFS) programs to enhance patient support, and address matters related to AbbVie products.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will serve as the executive liaison and manage the overall business relationship between AbbVie US and key Specialty Pharmacy accounts. To execute this function the RSD will: Primary Responsibility:
- Perform all aspects of total account management for Non-PBM owned Specialty Pharmacy Accounts to include; product access and positioning, customer business planning, providing purchase discounts, Fee for Service agreements to provide patient support services, quarterly business reviews, relationship building and maximization of resource utilization.
- Manage field team of Regional Trade Executives, ensuring brand initiatives are executed.
- Offer internal consulting regarding market issues and their potential impact on AbbVie business.
- Manage timely and accurate communication flow throughout the organization.
- Work with General Manager, Trade Marketing, the Trade Marketing Director, the National Trade Executives (NTEs), the PBM owned SP Account Directors (NADs) and appropriate internal parties (e.g., demand planning, franchise leadership) to develop strategies and execute program that deliver on business goals.
- Seek business development opportunities within client accounts for AbbVie products.
- Understand and effectively utilize a broad range of financial and quantitative data and analyses.
- Develop terms and conditions for a broad range of contractual arrangements (e.g.,fee for service, discounts, data purchases, claims analysis, etc.).
- Ensure contract implementation and compliance.
- Contribute to the development of contracting templates and guidelines for customers.
- Keep current with competitive strategies
- Provide input regarding payer reimbursement and related stakeholder financials.
B. Product Positioning
- Develop product strategies for all promoted and/or contracted products and overall product access, utilization optimization, and/or maintenance plan for each.
- Identify and effectively utilize appropriate inter-franchise support.
- Conduct thorough competitive analyses.
- Develop and lead the execution of a variety of Specialty Pharmacy programs
- Advise Sales and Trade Marketing management on fee for service terms to ensure appropriate direction on challenges and opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate customer and sales force expectations.
D. Relationship Building
- Cultivate contacts and relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and management levels, both internal and external.
- Support activities of strategic alliance partners within targeted accounts as applicable.
- Provide guidance and assistance relative to company-wide and franchise-specific opportunities within targeted accounts.
E. Resource Management
- Coordinate efforts to leverage and/or maximize utilization of corporate resources.
- Assess and account for all resources required (e.g., funding, staffing, etc) to accomplish account objectives and profitability.
A. Assess and cultivate business relationships with key clients independent of contract status. Activities specifically designed to enhance patient and provider information flow, strengthen product positioning and increase marketing and field sales efficiencies. Examples include:
- pharmacy interventions
- internet initiatives
- disease and patient case management programs
- data provision and analysis
B. Identify new customers or organizations with the potential to impact AbbVie business, work with leadership to build positive relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required, advanced Degree helpful
- Professional Experience:
Pharmaceutical Sales 3-4
Sales Management 2-3
Sales and/or Marketing in relevant pharmacy related area of focus 2-3Account Management 3-4 d Total combined years of experience 10+ Key Leadership Competencies:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- As a People Leader, coaches & provides regular feedback to team leading to higher levels of engagement, performance, and patient impact
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Builds and reinforces the US Market Access culture, specifically building strong working relationships with the NTEs, GPO team and Trade Marketing team.
- Learns fast, grasps the \"essence\", and can change course quickly when necessary
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions, and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality
- Identified by peers as role modeling the AbbVie Ways We Work behaviors