Senior Director, Scientific Medical Affairs - RHEUM (Schaumburg)
AbbVie in Schaumburg, IL
- Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health - Medical Technologist (MLS)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $122,260.00 - 195,330.00 / Year*
- Provide scientific and technical support for assigned products; deliver scientific presentations; develops and maintains professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders; actively participate in relevant Brand Teams and helps develop medical affairs strategies for assigned products; develop innovative research concepts for clinical data generation; provide relevant scientific and technical training.
- In cooperation with affiliate medical departments, Marketing, RA, Clinical and other functional areas, provides leadership, oversight and support for assigned products/projects. Drives medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
- Establishes and approves scientific methods for hypotheses, rational, design of affiliate protocols and their reports across different products. Oversee scientific/medical education of investigators, clinical monitors, and Global Project Team members related to therapeutic area or disease specific information. Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and accountable for complying with those requirements. Serves as the scientific team interface for key regulatory discussions.
- May act as scientific leader for several programs within an area. Drive Medical Affairs strategies and be a key internal contact/subject matter expert.
- May develop of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia.
- May assist with the scientific review, development, execution and communication of affiliate/area/global medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- May lead cross functional teams in development and execution of strategic initiatives requiring integration of multiple subprojects within the therapeutic area or Medical Affairs function.
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs' scientific activities
- Provides guidance to cross-functional team members to aid in the development of promotional materials. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional strategies and tactics in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs .
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience is highly preferred.
- Typically 15 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Management or leadership experience at the program level, experience with strategy development; senior staff role within a TA. Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment International experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy.
- Ability to run a clinical program or medical affairs team(s) independently with littler supervision. Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in developmental strategy and the protocols.
- Must have an understanding of the Pharmacovigilance practices for Clinical Development programs.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Most possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Can address problems within discipline or across several projects. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various complex factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions .
Associated topics: affair, health economic and clinical outcomes research, health economic and outcomes research, hecor, heor, hospital consultant, liaison, medical affairs, protocol, usage
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Schaumburg, IL!