The Contract Coordinator is an individual contributor who works under supervision and guidance of management. This position interacts frequently with R&D business teams/functional areas including Finance, OEC, Legal, and suppliers/partners (external parties) to draft, negotiate and execute a variety of R&D less complex agreements while also identifying and resolving issues that arise to ensure final contract is of the best value for quality, pricing, and service while contributing cost savings and other value added activity to support customer needs and expectations. Major Responsibilities:
- Economically and efficiently partner with Abbvie R&D to execute a variety of agreements in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and objectives
- Responsible for working with cross functional teams including Legal to draft, negotiate and execute a variety of R&D less complex agreements such as CDAs, Author Agreements, PSAs, SOW's, and IPA's, Services Agreements, Lab Services, MTAs, and CSAs that maximize value and support R&D business needs and activities on time.
- Understand cost drivers associated with contract types and drive negotiations that ensure the best value for quality, pricing, and service. Manage effective interactions with external suppliers/partners.
- Responsible for appropriate utilization of templates and budgeting tools/systems where applicable.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all contract types as required by Abbvie policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance.
- Responsible for communication of status of negotiations with key internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner. Also responsible for the timely communication of contract issues to stakeholders that could impact project timelines. Work closely with TA/FA's, Legal, OEC and suppliers to resolve contract issues.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement initiatives when appropriate
- Promote Abbvie as the partner of choice in all external communications and dealings to build the Abbvie brand.
- BA/BS is required; Science degree is preferred but not required. Paralegal certification or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience. Pharmaceutical industry expertise in clinical research, contracting, outsourcing or finance highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in negotiation skills, project management skills and effective communication and relationship management abilities.
- Must have attention to detail along with an understanding of the quality/compliance environment.
- Customer support focused expertise is highly desirable .
Critical Success Factors: The ability to manager internal and external relationships is a key success factor for this position.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, lawyer, legal, llp, market