This innovative market access (MA) function identifies opportunities and risks to AbbVie's current and future therapeutic areas across various US payer types including national and regional commercial health plans, Medicare, Medicaid, HIX, and PBMs. Major Responsibilities:
- Gathers and disseminates brand-agnostic payer insights to inform business development decisions, product plans and long-range planning (LRP, NNLRP).
- Actively contributes to annual MA planning and budgeting process by monitoring payer trends, being the voice of the payer customer and identifying and understanding the impact of broad payer/policy issues and opportunities.
- Ensures product and business development decisions and plans are informed by the current and future US payer landscape, impact of US payer landscape on the competitive environment, unmet needs and payer priorities.
- Develops and disseminates understanding of emerging models in payer-pharma contracting, healthcare delivery and payment that could create opportunities and threats for AbbVie.
- Works cross-functionally with Market Access Sales and Marketing Leadership and various AbbVie functions (e.g, MA&BI, Pricing & Contracting, Finance, GMAP, Legal, Market Access Channels and Brands) to implement and optimize all initiatives.
- Provides payer landscape and portfolio viewpoint on brand-specific pricing and contracting strategy
- Leverages ABV-relationship with key payer associations e.g., Academy of Managed Care Pharmacists, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, etc. to ensure rapid integration of payer trends into ABV payer strategies.
Bachelor's degree in related field required; MBA, MPH or PharmD preferred
At least 5-7 years of employment experience with a payer/health plan/PBM
Deep knowledge of US payers required; understanding of ex-US payers/health system preferred
Ability to lead and influence with and without authority
Demonstrated high-level strategic thinking skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
Long-term project planning (3-5 year horizon)
Willing to travel up to 25% (primarily domestic travel) Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: b2e, bi, business development, business growth, business technology, franchise, intelligence, retail, strategy, wholesale